Monday, December 10, 2012

New Day

It's 5:30 A.M. and I am so happy that I made it until 4:30 today.  For those of you who have made this journey to China, you know what I am talking about!  That jet lag is hard and when you awaken, you just pray that it is a decent hour and you can get up. 

I was thinking a lot about New Day this morning.  For almost the last 2 years, it was one of the first things I did in the morning or right before I went to bed.  I would click on their blog or go to their Facebook page to see if there were any new pictures of Annie.  That's one of the reasons that it was so special to go and visit their main home in Beijing.  So many of these kids stories are just miraculous and it is so evident that God is right there with them and taking care of the details.  So, last night, I had to see what was going on with the kids and the post about did me in.  Go to http://newdayfosterhome.blogspot.com/  and scroll down to Monday, December 10th post.  This time, indeed, as I always hoped, it was a post about my girl......it was a post about her becoming a daughter and no longer an orphan.  God is so good and we are so thankful to be on this journey.....so thankful we said yes........

I know so many of you are finishing up your Christmas shopping and stressing about what to buy some of your "harder to buy for" people in your life.  A great gift might be to sponsor one of these kids at New Day as a gift for someone.  You could even divide it up between a few people you want to give a gift to.  When you sponsor a child, you get monthly updates, photos, and you really make a difference in their life and even help to give them the gift of life in some cases.   At the top right hand, you will see more information about the foster home and sponsorship info as well.  They really are an amazing place that is changing lives and your money would be well-spent.  

Look how happy these kids are:


The little girl above was smiling so big......she is undergoing chemotherapy.....New Day taking care of her and a family is already trying to adopt her.....
 
It is an amazing place and we are so thankful for the amazing care and love that they give that is so evident in our Annie!!









1 comment:

  1. We are so happy to be traveling this journey with your family!! Keep the posts-a-coming!!!

    Love,

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete